AM I A LASIK CANDIDATE?
- I’m nearsighted, farsighted, or have astigmatism.
- I’m age 18-60 (If you’re over the age 60, you may be a candidate if you’re free from cataracts. If you have cataracts, cataract surgery may be an option for you. Cataract surgery is also a refractive procedure, and it’s usually covered by insurance).
- My vision has been stable for about 3 years.
- I have no eye problems-no recurring inflammation that causes itching. (If you have eye problems, you may still be a candidate once your doctor assists you in clearing up the problem).
- I have no health issues that may affect my eyes (e.g., Rheumatoid Arthritis or Diabetes that’s currently affecting your eyes.
If you feel as though you meet the general requirement to be a candidate for laser vision correction you should schedule an evaluation to determine if you are truly a strong candidate for a LASIK procedure. Each set of eyes is extremely unique in that no two eyes appear to be the same. The only way to determine your candidacy 100% is to have an evaluation with one of our board certified ophthalmologists. The pre-operative evaluation will involve a series of diagnostic tests to determine the stability of your vision. After a thorough evaluation of your cornea, the doctors will be able to determine if you are a candidate. Below is a list of some items that are typically involved with the evaluation process:
- The measurement of corneal thickness, including corneal topography
- Complete review of overall eye health
- The measurement of your prescription or refractive errors
- Custom LASIK measurement for higher order aberrations.
- Dry eye test
- Complete dilation to view the back of the eye or the retina
- Glasses or contact lens history review
- Measurement of pupil size
If for some reason you are not eligible for LASIK, the ophthalmogists at New Orleans Eye Specialists will be able to recommend other procedures that can help you improve your eye sight. There are many suitable alternatives out there for patients of all the needs.
Cataract Surgery New Intraocular Lens Technology
Cataract patients now have an option to see at both near and far distances after cataract surgery! Individuals suffering from cataracts previously had only a mono-focal lens implant option after surgery. NEW premium lens implant technology can now decrease dependence on glasses after surgery.
LASIK Financing Options
LASIK eye surgery can be cost prohibitive. Our LASIK center goes way beyond what other centers do to help our patients overcome this affordability issue. If cost is something that has been holding you back from vision correction you should really contact us as soon as possible to set up a consultation. We have a page on this website dedicated to discussing LASIK patient financing. You can even fill out an online application to qualify for LASIK financing. We offer 0% financing, on approved credit with low fixed monthly payments, no down payment and no pre-payment penalty.
Schedule A FREE LASIK Consultation
Seeking a New Orleans LASIK eye doctor? Would you like to learn about the potential benefits of LASIK eye surgery? Call us today to schedule a LASIK consultation ~ New Orleans location 504-891-1988 or Metairie location 504-454-0158